What to do
Where to stay nearby?
We have hotel recommendations that are nearby. We are not sure if they always have the same
offerings, but they tend to be very reasonable.
Crowne Plaza – This one offers our students a corporate discount and free shuttle
They have a Neo-Health Services corporate rate of $85 night for a standard room, $95 for Executive
King, and $115 for a one bedroom King Suite per availability for our attendees. Parking is
discounted from the standard rate of $17 per day to only $10 at our corporate rate. Book under Neo-
Health Services, Inc. and be certain you receive the correct room fee. The hotel is located at 304 W.
Colonial Dr. Orlando, FL 32801. Local number reservations (407) 367-3626. Fax (407) 398-0706
Here is their information: Sheraton North Orlando
North Hotel 600 North Lake Destiny Drive Maitland, FL 32751
They are also dog friendly for no fee. www.sheratonorlandonorth.com Phone: 407 660 9000
Comfort Suites Downtown
Parking is free and so is the wireless internet. Basic hotel, right off of I-4 in Orlando, convenient to
food and hospital about 15 min from Millennia Mall. Hotel is dated, but rooms are nice. 2416 N
Orange Ave, Orlando, FL, 32804 United States 866-539-0036
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
They will also provide transportation to and from our location. They are located at
60 South Ivanhoe Boulevard Orlando, FL 32804. Local number is 407-425-4455
Where to eat nearby?
College Park is known for its variety of restaurants and dining options. Mainly clustered around the
intersection of Princeton Street and Edgewater Drive, here are some of the restaurants.
1. Infusion Tea 1520 Edgewater Drive Orlando 407-378-4675. Popular Vegetarian place.
2. Ollie’s Public House. 3400 Edgewater Dr. Orlando, FL 407-999-8934
3. The Tap Room at Dubsdread 549 West Par Street Orlando 407-650-0100. Our preferred place.
4. NYPD Pizza & More 2912 Edgewater Drive Orlando, FL 407-422-6973
6. Christo’s Cafe 1815 Edgewater Drive Orlando, FL 407-425-8136.
7. K Restaurant & Wine Bar 2401 Edgewater Drive Orlando, FL 407-872-2332
8. Gabriel’s Sub Shop 3006 Edgewater Drive Orlando 407-425-9926
9. Tijuana Flats 2217 Edgewater Drive Orlando 407-425-4762
Things TO DO nearby…
- Paddle a swan boat on beautiful Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando. www.cityoforlando.
- Marvel at Tiffany glass at The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park. www.
- Experience the vibrant nightlife in downtown Orlando.
- View the stars from the largest refractor telescope in Florida at the Orlando Science Center. www.
- Tee off on Dubsdread, Orlando’s best public golf course, voted the “North American Golf
Destination of the Year 2010”. www.historicaldubsdread.com
- Go antiquing on Orange Avenue. www.thecityoforlando.com/antiques/index.html
- Capture the grace of dance at an Orlando Ballet production.
- Take an art class at Crealdé School of Art or Maitland Art Center.
- Sample some of the nearly 150 wines at the high-tech Wine Room in Winter Park. www.
- Visit Winter Park’s “Rodeo Drive” — the eclectic Park Avenue shopping district. www.52perfectdays.
- Hear the hottest live music in an intimate setting at Orlando’s longest-standing independent music
venue, The Social. www.thesocial.org
- View the vibrant, Technicolor artwork of Earl Cunningham housed at The Mennello Museum of
American Art. www.mennellomuseum.com
- See Dale Chihuly’s delicate blown-glass at the Orlando Museum of Art. www.omart.org
- Explore exotic Thai, North and South Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean and Japanese markets in
Orlando’s diverse ViMi District. www.travbuddy.com/An-Afternoon-in-Little-Vietnam-v7798
- Find the hottest brand names at great prices at top outlet centers such as Prime Outlets Orlando,
Orlando Premium Outlets® and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores.
- Enjoy a sumptuous brunch at Dexter’s in downtown Orlando’s Thornton Park neighborhood.
- Marvel at mansions as you boat through lakes and canals in Winter Park on the Winter Park Scenic
Boat Tour. WWW.scenicboattours.com
- Buy fresh produce at weekend farmer’s markets in Winter Park and downtown Orlando.
- Sip a locally-made, organic beer at Orlando Brewing Company. www.orlandobrewing.com
- Share the spotlight at SAK Comedy Lab www.sak.com
- Enjoy the professional philharmonic orchestra.
- See the newest independent films at the Enzian Theater. www.enzian.org
- View the latest visual art created by local artists at Bold Hype Art Gallery. www.boldhype.net
- Become a chocolatier — make your own candy at Farris and Forster’s Famous Chocolate Factory.
- Swim in a canopy-draped, rooftop pool with chandeliers positioned overhead at The Grand
Bohemian Hotel. www.grandbohemianhotel.com
- Become a particle of food at the Orlando Science Center. www.osc.org
- Take a Haunted Orlando Ghost Tour at the Orange County Regional History Center. www.
- Take a Tuscan cooking class at Truffles and Trifles. www.trufflesandtrifles.com
- Visit the iconic Orlando Public Library, designed by John M. Johansen and Duane Stark, and
inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. www.ocls.info/locations/MainLibrary/default.asp
- Explore idyllic Rollins College, museums, gardens and magnificent mansions on a Winter Park
Scenic Boat Tour.
- Learn about Orlando’s past with a Downtown Orlando Historic Walking Tour. www.cityoforlando.
- Catch a touring Broadway show with Broadway Across America – Orlando. http:
Whether you’ve visited Orlando before, or you’re planning your first trip, new attractions, experiences
and events are created every day, giving you countless options for a smile-filled vacation. Here are
some things to do in Orlando. near College Park, for you and your loved ones. For more information
on any of these activities, contact the Official Visitor Center at 407-363-5872 and speak to an Official
|Neo-Health Services is conveniently located in College Park, a quaint community
just minutes from downtown Orlando.